- In the financial sense, assets or net assets of an individual, family or organization is: gross assets, all property that you own, valued at market price, minus your debts and other financial commitments (net assets).
- Gross assets of individuals consists of an asset and a liability:
- Your land and real estate property.
- Your professional properties and share of business, your financial investments
- Your furniture, household equipment and vehicles
- Your artworks and collection
- Your intellectual property (patents, copyright)
We can add there, if we want to be complete the actuarial value of your revenues and pension to be reached.
- Companies and institutions
For asset of companies and other institutions, we speak of gross assets (especially fixed assets), and equities, which appear in its balance sheet.